Monday, November 7, 2011

My Least-Favorite Favorite Phrase





      Really!



Truly!      
       




Yeah, I know. The phrase loses meaning if you utter it too often and for nonsensical things. It was a big issue for me a few years ago. I apologized for everything.



Your parent/child/pet died. I'm sorry.
You lost your job. I'm sorry.
You don't feel well. I'm sorry.
You spilled the milk. I'm sorry.
You can't find your sock. I'm sorry.
You have a booger. I'm sorry.

You get the idea. "I'm sorry" comes to mean nothing...especially when you aren't responsible for nor willing to change whatever it was for which you apologized.

But that's why I'm willing to say it to you now.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry this blog has been so lame. I'm sorry I haven't updated it or improved it or kept my promises to do either of those things these past few months. I have had great intentions but lousy follow-through.

I could make a ton of excuses (all completely valid I assure you (in fact, most of you would be in awe of what I have to deal with everyday)), but I'll save you from the bore of listening to my laundry list of daily to-dos.  Know that I'm sorry, and I'm going to try to do better. Much better. Or as my kids like to say, "much more better."

So, to start things off, I thought it'd be fun to have you guys get to know me a little bit better and (if any of you feel so inclined) to get to know some of you a little better too.  This should be something that I can do every week as I don't have to become creative to tell you something about myself.  I think I'll call this segment...Oddities & Factoids.  Feel free to share your own quirks and tales in the comments if you'd like.  I'll be posting the first one tomorrow.  Really.  It's already written and ready to be queued up.  It'll be here tomorrow, Tuesday, and (hopefully) you'll feel like you know me a little better after you read it.

Thanks to those who've stuck by me even though I've been absent forever. To my nine GFC followers, I LOVE YOU! Seeing your icons on the sidebar makes my day. Seriously. And I hope to 'see' you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment