Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Audio Book Review: Carrie by Stephen King

CarrieCarrie by Stephen King

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I love Stephen King. His stories are so unique and he really knows how to pull the reader in to his world. Carrie didn't disappoint. I'd read the story years ago (when I was in middle school - what were my parents thinking?!) and remembered being in awe the first time. The movie was ho-hum like most Stephen King movies, in my opinion. The three stars on this review aren't so much for the story itself but for the audio presentation of the book.

Sissy Spacek is the reader and she does a good job. I think the way the book is written, presenting parts as excerpts from other books/articles makes it difficult to listen to in audio format. I don't mind the occasional AP report or quote from a book, but it was hard to stay 'in' Carrie while listening to it.

So, as far as audiobooks go, this isn't one of my favorites. I much preferred Dolores Claiborne in audio over Carrie. But, the Carrie audiobook also is not the worst I've listened to before.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment