Thursday, July 21, 2011

Book Review: Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Hereafter (Hereafter, #1)Hereafter by Tara Hudson

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Hereafter was an enjoyable read. After the first chapter, I was hooked! The story (in the beginning) is mysterious and very interesting. Even though this is a ghost story, it is presented in a way that makes it believable. I loved how well we got to know the protagonist (Amelia), her love interest (Joshua), the antagonist (Eli), and the secondary characters of Ruth and Jillian.

I did feel like the book slowed down in the middle and lost it's "can't-put-it-downness", but the writing was beautiful nonetheless and the story interesting enough to pull me out of the slump. The ending, while a little less believable than the rest of the book thanks to the arrival (and subsequent quick departure) of 'the boss' demons, was satisfactory.

I haven't verified this information, but I read elsewhere that Tara Hudson might do a sequel to Hereafter. I'm kind of hoping she doesn't. Yes, there are several questions that were left unanswered and bad guys left undefeated, but I'm not curious enough to keep wondering about them or to read a sequel to find out the answers.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment